Operates: May 21 – Sept 15
Daily except, Not available on Sundays-Memorial Day – July 4 – Labor Day
Hotel transfer pick-up: 7:15 AM
Check-in time: 8:00 AM
Departs: 9:00 AM Return to Fairbanks Approx 4:15 PM – 4:45 PM
Tour operates as independent tour
Note* Tour not available for Cruise date – September 7
(4 person minimum)
Call for prices:
Includes Roundtrip air from Fairbanks to the Nunamiut Eskimo village of Anaktuvuk, all transfers, extra hotel night in Fairbanks at the Westmark.
Meals not included unless specified in Tour Program.
Travelling on regularly scheduled airline service with Warbelow's Air Ventures - other passengers on the plane could be other guests, residents, or travelers coming and going for work. This adventure provides a full day visit to the community to explore and experience remote life off the road system.
• Fly north from Fairbanks on Warbelow’s Air Ventures on their morning flight thru the Brooks Mountain Range.
• Land in the Nunamiut Eskimo village of Anaktuvuk Pass nestled in the heart of the Gates of the Arctic National Park.
• Upon landing meet your local host who will spend the day with you sharing with you a realistic view of village life.
• Visit the Simon Paneak Memorial Museum.
• Ground touring is mostly walking /strolling thru the community. (Lunch Included)
• Receive an official Arctic Circle Adventure Certificate.
• The return flight to Fairbanks provides an aerial view of the vast Alaska wilderness.
• Operated by Warbelow’s Air Ventures.
• Departs 9:00 am; returns between 4:15 pm - 4:45 pm.
• Departs at 9:00 Am – Arrives at 9:45 AM on return the flight will depart at 3:00 PM and arrive in Fairbanks at 4:30 PM. The distance is 225 miles.
Tour Flights and fly PA 31-350 “Navajos.” These aircraft can seat up to 9 passengers and the pilot. Every seat is a window seat in a Navajo!
Miles – 255 Flight Time - 1 Hour and 45 Minutes
The above is only intended to provide an approximate tour itinerary. The exact schedule of each tour varies day-to-day and is dictated by the interests of the group and unique events of the day not by a rigid pre-set itinerary.
SAFETY IN THE WILDERNESS
It is important that travelers with Northern Alaska Tour Company understand that Alaska’s Arctic is a truly remote wilderness region. Traveling through vast wilderness stretches requires adequate time and preparation. Weather or mechanical factors, albeit infrequent, can result in multi-hour delays. Medical facilities are limited. Limited communication and transportation infrastructure inherently cause evacuation for illness or other emergency situations to take, at the very best, several hours to conduct. For this reason, travelers to this region should be of reasonable health and physical condition.
Tours are operated as independent Tours.
Operates: May 21 – Sept 15 Daily except, Not available on Sundays-Memorial Day – July 4 – Labor Day Hotel transfer pick-up:
7:45 AM Check-in time: 8:00 AM Departs:
9:00 AM Return to Fairbanks Approx 4:15 PM – 4:45 PM